It has been working thus far (knock on wood!!) so I thought I’d share some pointers that will hopefully be useful for keeping you and your family healthy too!
Here are my top 5 strategies to avoid becoming a host to any of the nasty germs that are floating around!:
1. Regular chiropractic adjustments! – Of course this is my numero uno! And with good reason; every chiropractic adjustment boosts the immune system and allows your body to function at 100%. There is really no better solution to keeping healthy!
2. Take your vitamins – My personal immune-boosting, winter concoction consists of a potent daily multivitamin (Phytomulti by Metagenics is my fave), 5000IU of D3 (I currently use Nutri-Dyn drops so I can add a drop or 2 to my baby’s bottle every day, too!), 1-2 scoops of Espresso Dynamic Greens (antioxidant power), and a vegetarian DHA (omega-3 source)!
3. Immune-boosting essential oils – I both aromatically diffuse and directly apply essential oils for their immune-enhancing capabilities. Some of my favorites are Veriditas Good Samaritan, DoTerra On-Guard, Oregano and Frankincense. (Side note: I highly suggest seeking professional advise before using essential oils on yourself or your family)
4. Frequent hand washing – Through everyday interactions and happenings, we inevitably come into contact with germs; they are literally everywhere! During this season of heightened sensitivity and germ load, it’s important to wash hands frequently (and avoid touching eyes, ears and mouth in the meantime) to reduce chances of exposure. It’s also effective to use hand sanitizer when a sink isn’t convenient!
5. Think happy thoughts – No joke! Meditate, use positive affirmations, visualize a happy you. There are studies showing more and more that a positive mind creates a positively healthier body. Think: “gratitude, love, patience, yes!!” as often as possible, and you’ll be started on a positive track. Or, find yourself an amazing therapist… everyone needs one on their team!
Be well, friends!